Searching For A Perfect Scholarship Essay Example Online
You have finally graduated High School; congratulations! Now for the hard part: actual education. Getting into an accredited university means going through the process of applying for it and trying to impress those in charge, which can be a little challenging if you’re not sure about the quality of your writing. That’s what we’re here for! This is a guide on how to improve your essay writing.
- Read: You’re going to have to do a lot of academic articles reading before you start typing anything. Which of course is what you plan to do, but you cannot skim a bunch of pages online and magically digest writing skills. Which leads us to the second point:
- Examine: This kind of reading will be a lot different than what you’re used to. You’re going to focus on how these essays start; what kind of hook they use to grab the readers’ attention. Notice how they link ideas of each paragraph together in unity so that it doesn’t seem like a bunch of scattered thoughts sloppily jotted on paper. In short, you’re going to study well-written articles; not what they’re about, but how they are written.
- Thesaurus: A brilliant tool to avoid sounding redundant, but quite a double ended weapon, since it can backfire if you abuse or misuse it. Avoid replacing random words with other seemingly eloquent-sounding vocabulary in an attempt to sound smart. You will surely end up missing most of it, and will just end up looking like an idiot. Only use words of which you know the meaning.
- Follow Directions: Look up instructions on the university to which you plan to apply, they usually have a set of rules concerning applications that you need to follow. If you write an incandescent essay that disregards their instructions, you will get rejected.
- Quotes: Citations are quite utile and convincing. However, you must absolutely avoid using them in the introduction, let alone in the starting line. This is a hackneyed method that students for some reason think works, while it’s just really a great way to have the reader only skim the rest of your paper if you’re lucky, and skip all of it if you’re not.
- The easy way out: We do not necessarily advise this, but you can always have someone else to write this for you. With the countless writing services online, you can easily hire a professional to write an original masterpiece that will surely help you get accepted. This is considered cheating, and you will be suspended if you get caught. But we’re not here to judge you, so we’re letting you know this is also an option.
There is no time to waste now. Get to work and start practicing your writing skills! Best of luck to you.