A Selection Of Argumentative Essay Topics For Middle School
The argumentative essay lessons begin in middle school, when the young minds are ready to start defending ideas with logic and reason. Even though the classes talk about serious educational content, middle school students still love to have fun. For argumentative essays to be taken seriously, the topics need to be geared toward those young minds. Here are some topic ideas that will get the creativity and arguments flowing:
Young teens enjoy writing about their school experiences.
- Should students in middle school be tested for drugs?
- Are too many students in your school getting A’s?
- Should every student be required to take gym and music classes?
- Should your teachers use more group work in their classes?
- Should the school day be longer so you can go to school for four days instead of five?
- What should be done with bullies and cyberbullies?
- Should corporal punishment be reinstituted in schools?
- Should schools have more dances?
- Should students be able to choose their own schedules?
- Do class sizes affect the success of students?
Students are interested in entertainment.
- Does TV need more diverse actors and actresses?
- Does TV still matter?
- What musician will be the next legendary performer?
- Is video gaming a sport?
- What makes a television commercial a hit?
- What are three best movies of the year?
- Do TV shows promote risky behavior?
- What children’s book characters could be the next TV hit?
Sports is always a good topic for junior high students.
- Is football too violent to be a part of school athletics?
- Should college athletes get paid?
- Is baseball still a relevant sport?
- Is cheerleading a sport?
- Should athletic organizations establish rules for coaches about the way the talk to players?
- Are travel sports necessary?
Junior high students love their technology as much as high school students do.
- What is the right age to get a cell phone?
- Should students be allowed to have cell phones in class?
- Do you have more good friends or fewer because of technology?
- Do people use their smartphones for useful reasons or to waste time?
- What is the next social media platform that will be popular?
- Is online learning or face-to-face learning better?
- Should companies be allowed to collect information about your spending habits?
- Are printed books or ebooks better?
- Are online product reviews reliable?
- How much time should people spend on social media each day?